Fund Set Up Summarised
Custom House will, having assisted in the selection of jurisdiction and domicile of the fund:
- Draft and assist in the preparation of the Offering Document;
- Liaise with the Promoters and all other parties and their professional advisors, collating the information necessary for inclusion in the Offering Documentation and the various Agreements;
- Obtain independent legal and professional advice in the relevant jurisdiction with regard to the accuracy and appropriateness of statements in the Offering Memorandum regarding taxation or offering of the Shares of the company within certain jurisdictions;
- Obtain Consent from Attorneys and Auditors and other service providers, if required, for their names to be included in the Offering Document;
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the Management, Investment Advisory, Custodial, Administration, Registrar & Transfer Agency, Placing Agency, Broker or Bank, and any other relevant service provider agreements or account opening documents as may be required.
- Assist in the introduction to, selection and appointment by the client of all, or any, of the following service providers as required: Custodian Bank; Trust Bank; Payment Bank; Registrar and Transfer Agent; Trading Banks; Cash Manager; Auditor, local and international; Legal Advisor(s); and local Company Agent;
- Assist with the introduction and appointment of Prime or Clearing Brokers if required, although, usually managers have established their own brokering relationships before they come to Custom House;
- Instruct and brief of the local Legal Advisors and Registered Company Agent to incorporate the Company and, if required, a subsidiary trading company, or companies, as well as management or investment management companies;
- Instruct and brief of the local Legal Advisors to ensure that the Memorandum & Articles of Association and the Offering Documentation comply with each other and with legal Company and Mutual Fund or Security Laws;
- Instruct and brief of the local Legal Advisors to ensure that the fund (and related companies) are properly registered and/or authorised under local Company and Mutual Fund Law and Regulations;
- Liaise with the Legal Advisors, local government and regulatory authorities and all other service providers, as necessary;
- Identify and appoint directors, as required;
- Anything else needed to organise the fund company.
- Arrange and organise the design and printing of the Offering Documentation, including Appendices, Subscriptions Forms and Bank Transfer Letters of Instruction and the design and printing of an investment or sales memorandum, as required;
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of a press release announcing the incorporation and launch of the fund and assist in the preparation of promotional advertisements, if required;
- Arrange for publication of share price information in the appropriate media such as specialist investment publications and data services, as required.